Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday

Lena Dunham and The Lexi Cinema

I wanted to write a blog about a very interesting evening I had the other day. To most people it wouldn't seem too exciting, it was just a trip to the cinema. But it was a trip to a truly extraordinary cinema and to see a truly incredible film. So I thought it deserved a blog. 


The cinema was a little cinema in North-West London called the Lexi and it was my first time there. This is how the Lexi describes itself:

The UK’s first social enterprise independent boutique digital cinema – that ticks quite a few boxes, doesn’t it? We donate 100% of our profits to charity and are staffed predominantly by passionate local volunteers. We like to think we’re improving the quality of life for everyone in our little corner of northwest London and at the same time making a difference to the quality of life for a very different community on the other side of the world.

That's right, it's a beautiful independent cinema showing all your favourite films that donates 100% of it's profits to charity! When we found out we couldn't believe it. Especially because it was one of the nicest cinema's I have ever been in. The building is absolutely beautiful and it's filled with friendly people. The cinema is just the right size and filled with very comfy seats and there is a bar at the back that sells drinks, snacks and has a girl with a bow in her hair at the till. I mean what more could you want! As I said it was my first time there but I am definitely going back! You can read more about the Lexi here on their website. 


Now, onto the film itself. As I'm sure you've already guessed the film was Tiny Furniture starring/written by/directed by the amazing Lena Dunham. Now, I've wanted to see this film for SO LONG. I mean I've wanted to see this film for so long it's actually becoming hard to remember a time in my life when I didn't want to see this film. So when I heard it was being released in the UK I was jumping for joy. And then, the dreadfulest thing happened... I forgot. That's right. I missed it. I'd been waiting all this time and then I missed it. As you can imagine I was heartbroken. I was going to have a wait a whole month before it came out on DVD and was severely upset. And then we drove past the Lexi... and I saw a poster for it outside... and it was on there... the last cinema in the whole of London showing Tiny Furniture was 5 minutes away from my house!! It was amazing. 

I don't know if you've picked up on this yet, but by the time the film started, I was pretty excited. And believe it or not but it was better than I had hoped! It feels like Lena Dunham is pretty much all anyone can talk about in America at the moment but due to messed up TV and movie schedules she is not as famous as she should be here yet. But oh my god she's so amazing. This film is funny, moving, original and strange all at the same time and I have already added her to my list of role models. She's proof that you are never ever too young to do something (that's kind of the theme of this blog) no matter what anyone says and she is someone who I think will be very amazing for the rest of  her life. If you missed this film in the cinema I would really recommend getting it on DVD because it's very very good.

Okay I'm finished with my late night rant and I'm off to bed. Have an amazing week!
Love Scarlett x


3 comments:

  1. Aww, that cinema looks so cute! I've never heard of the movie, but I'll have to check it out.

    Zia
    http://singing-blue.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In other news, I nominated you for a blog award!

      http://singing-blue.blogspot.ca/2012/05/in-heat-of-summer-sunshine-another-song.html

      Let me know if you do it, I'd love to see :D

      Delete
  2. i really need to see Tiny Furniture! i dont think it will be in such a sweet place though probably just the dvd
    Jessica :)
    http://jessica-girlonfilm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...